Monday, November 29, 2010

I am struggling once again to just share a few pieces of art that I liked

I think this photographic mural of Barbara Kruger really
says it all for me.  She know how to evoke emotions from us. 
She makes us look at ourselves and our society in a way
that maybe we don't want to.


I know this is 3-D but it was a crazy sculpture.
My five year looks just like this little boy so
I couldn't help bue have an eery feeling.


The lines in this paritcular painting are amazing to me.  It
really feels like a 3-D effect as if the fence is about to
fly over my head.  I can almost smell the air of summer time.
I think it depicts the Holocaust and a freeing feeling of
finally being freed. 



I did not get the information for this one, but I love it.
It was done by wood cuts stamped on mylar.  The artist managed to cut
These artery map like lines that occupy a large wall and attach to the wall.
the patience to do this literally makes my head hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment