Monday, November 29, 2010

My visit to the Denver Art Museum

I realized I hadn't been to the Art Museum since it had been renovated and it's been about 16+ years.   What an expereince.  I took my 12 year old son and my sister along with me.  We made a whole day of it and really got to see some remarkable and interesting pieces of art.  When I crossed over to the original building it felt like I went back in time.  The musty smell brought back memories of when I was a little girl and we went as a family.  I remember seeing a room full of minatures and  doll house displays.  I was so excited about it because it seemed magical to me and that possibly the minatures would come to life when we weren't looking.  To this day I love minature things.  I have revamped an old doll house and have painted minature furniture and dishes.  I wonder if my son's visit will inspire him to create some art one day?  It is definitely in him and he told me he had no idea that the art museum experience was going to be that cool.  That  made our venture worth it to me.



I love this painting because it really captures the pureness
of a child.  My son did not realize it was a painting until I
pointed it out to him.  To look at this painting up close blows me
away of the clarity and beauty of Gottfried Helnwein's work.


Out of all the different pieces of art we looked at this was my son, Kyle's
favorite piece.  I am not sure what to think of it personally. 
The title "Wheat Fields"is a little vague for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment